Thursday, May 26, 2011

Creating the Visual

I'm dedicating this blog entry to my friends in the local music scene who are constantly documenting our little piece of history via photography or videography. It is a thankless job- especially now that it's so easy to copy & paste or crop out a photo credit. As musicians, we get all excited when we make a record every couple of years. But photographers and videographers are making records on a daily basis. Records that we love so much and often take for granted.

In the little free time I have, I work very hard trying to make a career out of music. And the more work I put in, the more I realize how important it is to create a visual when reaching out for new opportunities. So I am very appreciative to my photographer/videographer friends in the local music community who have provided such great documentation of my music career. I feel honored and grateful every time you allow me to be the subject of your art.

I want to highlight 2 of my faves who have helped me recently:
First, Richard Pollard. Richard takes video footage of lots of shows around town, and he recently filmed our last Forget Me Nots concert. We are finally uploading content on our Youtube page thanks to Richard. His videos are helping us share our music with people outside of San Diego, which is so crucial to our promotional efforts.


Second, Alfonso De Alba of I.Am.Lost. I've been friends with Alfonso for a couple years now and he's really been there for me. He is such a talented photographer, and I'm so stoked he was willing to help me on my recent photo shoot. He took a ton of great promo shots that I will be using for my new website...One of the shots will actually be featured in the upcoming issue of Curve magazine! Check out the below pic he took of "The Lovebirds" - on our front porch!
snapped by i.am.lost

There are so many other great visual artists out there that I am blessed to work with and be friends with...maybe I will make this a regular entry and highlight some of my favs! Who are some of your favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment