Friday, July 1, 2011

July is Fly - True Story No Lie

So we meet again. Since I last left you, I have experienced my first legitimate road trip. We spent 6 days driving through the American southwest. It was so great to have some time off work and head out on the open road. Our destination was Vail, Colorado, which just may be one of the prettiest places I've ever seen. On the way there, we saw the most beautiful red moon nestled above a stunning plateau as dusk crept up on New Mexico. It looked like a painting. (I can also now relay about 700 locations where you can purchase Native American rugs, if you're in the market.) On the way back, we spent a morning hiking/climbing the huge red rocks all around Pioneer Park in St. George Utah. (I also got stopped there for speeding, but was let off with a warning...thanks, dimples.) It was a wonderful, relaxing, much-needed vacation and I hope to make road-trippin' with V an annual event.

pretending i actually do yoga in St. George Utah...the meditation part was real though.

And then the madness began. From the minute we got home, we have been working our arses off. The good news is it's all fun. My day job is going through some transitions with branding and marketing and I am so happy that I get to put my creative skills to use. That is when I love my job the most! With music, V and I are finally in the studio together recording our first album as The Lovebirds. We are fortunate to be working with Jeff Berkley of Berkley Sound - we're doing a great job of having loads of fun but staying productive. I'm very excited to announce that we might even find a way for my grandparents to be on the record (Nat King Cole - style). Stay tuned for that!

Continuing with The Lovebirds theme, I have a few shows lined up this month with V...one is Berkley Hart's CD Release party...I am so honored to share a bill with such incredible songwriters. We're also playing SD Pride on Day 2 at the Rainbow Stage. Don't forget to check out the calendar for details and come get your gay on. Speaking of gay, I think I'm going to be featured in the July issue of Curve Magazine, so be on the lookout for that!

All in all, I'm having a lovely summer. I'm trying to keep my ears open and hear the voice of the universe no matter how busy I get...I know its always saying something, I just gotta keep listening. (Sometimes I amaze myself with the hippie sentences that come out of my brain...don't judge me). I hope you're making time for yourself this summer, but if you have any spare time, I hope you pencil me in! See you at a show!


Sign up for my newsletter here! http://www.reverbnation.com/lindsaywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment