Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 24- Don't Hate:Create!

Woke up and went on another walk this morning. Soooo refreshing. The air smells good in San Diego. This time I added an ambient music channel to my Pandora app and no garbage truck noises got in the way of my meditation on top of the hill. I took this book with me I've been reading called "One Day my Soul Just Opened Up". It has daily lessons, and today's was about Creativity. The book's overall message is that everything in this universe is a manifestation of "God". <---one day I hope I will comfortable not using quotations on that word. This message applies to creativity in that we all possess a powerful and divine ability to make things happen simply by thinking, saying and doing. Essentially, we "create" our world. How true.

This got my thoughts wandering on a couple ideas. Take the whole argument of "creationism" vs "science" for example. I think the best answer to that age-old riddle is both, dude. I don't think you can have one without the other.

Now think about music. I was talking to my friend Nico the other night about how cool it was that music is the perfect blend of artistic creation and mathematics. Without tempos, beats, and chord structures and progressions that make perfect mathematical sense, music wouldn't exist. On the flip side, music not connected to passion or human ritual might as well just be clock on the wall, or an annoying clicktrack. Music is truly the language of God.<---There, no quotation marks.

Now think about your heartbeat. Like music, it keeps both time and feelings. I know some people might argue that you don't actually feel things in your heart. To those people I say, lucky you for not ever hurting that bad. I have FELT pain in my heart, and I'm not talking about the kind of pain that comes from eating spicy food and leaves after a little dose of Maalox. Just recently I have FELT joy in my heart too.

How could I NOT feel joy in my heart after making all these connections? The puzzle is turning into a picture here, and I am a piece of it, and so are you. PLUS, I have this great ability to CREATE music, the most beautiful and perfect language. Oh, what a feeling.

Sorry, that went off on a crazy new age hippy tangent there. Hahaha, don't be afraid to make fun of me, I know I sound nuts sometimes. In other news, we have our first GULP convert! Check out Courtney's blog (link to the right). She's going 30 days in order to save money for an upcoming vacation...hope you follow her and cheer her on! Wouldn't it be cool, if she inspires someone to do the next thirty days, and so on and so forth. Think of what a difference could be made!

This picture has nothing to do with anything I just said. But it makes me die laughing everytime I see it. Thought I'd share:

3 comments:

  1. That picture makes me crack up out loud (CUOL?) every time I see it, too. It's the simple things, really. The 'cool dog' one slays me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously probably one of the funniest blogs I've ever seen. http://www.fupenguin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, that blog is hilarious. The nudibranch post back in October is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete