Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 2- Something's cookin'

It's raining cats and dogs here in San Diego, and despite my typical less-than-sunny disposition, I hate this kind of weather. Leave the gloominess up to me San Diego- you stay sunny.

Day 2 has been rather uneventful so far, but there will be earth-shattering changes tonight. I have a good stash of food in my office for breakfast and lunch, so I wasn't tempted to eat out. I've managed to only swear twice today, which is a vast improvement considering I'm at work, which is a place that really gets my creative cursing juices flowing.

I picked a brilliant week to start this whole thing. San Diego Restaurant Week starts tonight. Before this whole project came to fruition, I had promised a friend I would take him somewhere to eat for his birthday. I had a master plan of trying out some restaurant we've never been to, but looks like things have changed. I don't want to go back on my word, so I'm cooking dinner. What? Stop the presses. The last thing I "cooked" was Top Ramen and that's only because I ran out of Easy Mac. If you have any ideas or recipes for an easy but delicious birthday dinner, let me know, I could use the help! I'm thinking pasta of some sort. It's still in the Top Ramen family so I don't think I'll have too much of a panic attack or burn the whole place down. I'll let you know how it goes.

The last thing I'll mention is how I'm starting to think about this whole Open Mic Week I'm going to do for my GULP experiment. The dates are January 31st-February 5th. I think I'll be going to Happy Ron's open mic on the 31st at Java Joe's (Cafe Libertalia). I need your help filling in the other dates...what are some other open mics around San Diego that would be supportive to my project? Help a sista out!

Wish me luck. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have all my fingers and both my eyebrows. Watch out kitchen, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. good luck! call me if you still need ideas for what to cook.

    ReplyDelete