Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 15- Open Mic Mania

Pacific Beach Library is my new favorite place. Thought I'd throw that out there. I've been here two days in a row on the weekend...which makes me a nerd, but I don't care. This place is full of things I love for free, like internet, books, dvds. Did I say internet? Now if they only had a soundproof room where I could record and upload new songs.

So today begins what was supposed to be a full week of open mic nights. Um, about that. I bit off a little more than I could chew on this one. I forgot I have a basketball game on Monday and band practice on Friday. Can't bail on either of those engagements, so this is going to be more like an Open Mic sunday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Event though it's going to be really hard not to buy food/drink at these places, I'm still really excited to do this! There is nothing cooler than seeing the wide range of talent in San Diego. And even if some of the people aren't exactly easy on the ears, everyone gets an A for effort. I love local music. Here's the schedule I think. If you find yourself bored in San Diego, open mics are great fun, and you should come check one out!

Sunday- Cafe Libertalia w/ Happy Ron 3834 5th Avenue 7:30pm
Tuesday- Portugalia w/ Jefferson Jay 4839 Newport Ave 9pm
Wednesday- South Park Bar & Grill 1946 Fern 9pm
Thursday- Rebecca's 3015 Juniper 8pm

As a thank you for reading, please enjoy a sneak peak from my upcoming album:
Visit this site
use the code GYRUT to download my song 25 Million People. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment